Couple of BP revolvers and an Co2 air pistol...

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Sim G

Couple of BP revolvers and an Co2 air pistol...

#1 Post by Sim G »

Firstly is a Navy Arms 1851 Navy in .36 cal M/L revolver. This gun is actually a little "special". The only marks are proof and "NAVY ARMS CO" on the left side of the frame and on the barrel top flat, on the right side of the barrel "MADE IN ITALY" and the letters "GU" in script and the serial number.

These guns began production in 1958 to be ready for the Centennial of the Civil War. They were produced by Gregorelli and Uberti. They are the earliest Navy Arms made. In the early days of the Navy Arms / Uberti connection, Gregorelli actually produced the metal parts for the revolvers and Uberti assembled them. These were the ones that started the "Italian Replica" trade. Without them, we would never have had the recreations of Western Guns that we now have. This was in the first batch ordered by Val Forgett

This is a copy of a "Civilian Model". None of the attachments for the shoulder stock are on this revolver. There are no safety pins on the breech of the cylinder and the hammer face does not have the notch for the pins. The cylinder is not engraved but smooth. In the US, these revolvers are extremely collectible. This is one of the first Uberti made replicas that Val Forgett had imported. Great find and it's worth preserving this very collectible piece.

All for the princely sum of £95!

The second is a Hege Uberti 1862 Police, .36 cal M/L revolver. Hege is a German retail firm and allegedly the guns marked up as such and sold by Hege are allegedly finished to a higher standard. Personally, I can't see it. It just looks like a nice Uberti.

The 1862 Police is what you'd call a pocket pistol. It's a five shot, fluted cylinder and this has a 4" barrel. It will still shoot 25 yards nicely. Brass framed with lovely case hardening colours, in nice condition. £150.

Next is an air pistol. A Sig Sauer P250, .177 pellet, Co2 blowback. Recently had the main seal replaced. Allegedly, these are tested to 25000 shots. £60.

Can send a couple of pictures by email, imageshack not playing again.... unless someone can stick them up for me. RFD and shipping can be sorted and we'll split.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Couple of BP revolvers and an Co2 air pistol...

#2 Post by dromia »

Go on I'll take the Navy Arms 1851 Navy in .36 cal M/L revolver.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Sim G

Re: Couple of BP revolvers and an Co2 air pistol...

#3 Post by Sim G »

Navy Arms-sold.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!