Russian Dragunov SVD

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Sfwh

Russian Dragunov SVD

#1 Post by Sfwh »

A friend of mine is looking for a Russian Dragunov SVD if anyone knows of one for sale. He is after a straight pull not a deactivated one to be clear.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Russian Dragunov SVD

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

They do come up for sale but not that often as most people that have them tend to hang on to them, plus there aren't a lot of them about when compared to other rifles.I have one and it would be the last rifle I'd part with.

Best bet is keep an eye out on Guntrader/Gunstar and dealers websites etc, as for when/if new ones will be imported again will depend on the sanctions against JSC Kalashnikov Concern being lifted.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Sfwh

#3 Post by Sfwh »

Yeah I know that given the sanctions the likelihood of one coming up for less than £1m is low but I thought maybe one will come along eventually. How do you find yours? I assume it's good if it's the last rifle you'd ever sell.
snayperskaya

#4 Post by snayperskaya »

Sfwh wrote:Yeah I know that given the sanctions the likelihood of one coming up for less than £1m is low but I thought maybe one will come along eventually. How do you find yours? I assume it's good if it's the last rifle you'd ever sell.
I love mine, it has an original early '70s PSO-1 scope and Soviet laminated furniture etc fitted and is very accurate, particularly with handloads.A lot of people think they are an AK variant.....they are made in the same plant but that's where the similarity ends.Each one is hand assemblied, hand finished and accuracy tested.If the accuracy standard isn't met the rifle is rejected.

One thing I would say is they are a rifle you really have to want, if you know what I mean, and I'd recommend that if at all possible your friend tries one before buying......that said everyone that has shot mine has said "I want one!!!", including a serving member of The Royal Irish Regiment!.

Once you get one things can easily spiral and you end up scouring the Internet for additional magazines, then you spot a mag pouch etc, then you find original Soviet manuals, SVD night vision scopes etc etc and it all gets a bit silly and expensive.....but fun at the same time!!!
_20200316_134251.JPG

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

Vossie
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Bisley

#5 Post by Vossie »

Not the exact same , but a friend just ordered a Romanian PSL as he could not find an SVD for sale. He looked around for about a year.
snayperskaya

#6 Post by snayperskaya »

Vossie wrote:Not the exact same , but a friend just ordered a Romanian PSL as he could not find an SVD for sale. He looked around for about a year.
I wouldn't mind a PSL, but call me biased but they aren't as good as a SVD......good enough but not as good for a number of reasons, granted some of them only effect the semi auto version.Essentially the PSL is a big AK, the Romanians had to come up with a semi-auto marksmans rifle of their own after Russia withdrew their supply of small arms to Romania due to their refusal to take part in the invasion of Czechoslovakia in August '68, hence why Romania didn't receive the SVD.

Vossie
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Bisley

#7 Post by Vossie »

snayperskaya
I am.sure he would agree, but he was dying for an SVD, and has settle for what he could find. He loves his 7.62x54r.
Cheers for the info thou, good to know.
Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#8 Post by Dellboy »

i think Valmont Rifles have some
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

snayperskaya

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

Dellboy wrote:i think Valmont Rifles have some
At that price they can keep them!.....

And to use the words Tigr and Dragunov in the advert!, a PSL is neither.....can't wait for someone to turn up at the range with one and try to tell me they have a Dragunov! :twisted:.

snayperskaya

#10 Post by snayperskaya »

Vossie wrote:snayperskaya
I am.sure he would agree, but he was dying for an SVD, and has settle for what he could find. He loves his 7.62x54r.
Cheers for the info thou, good to know.
I waited nearly 2 years to find mine, it was worth the wait......

I still had the SVDS at the time, pic is the day I picked the SVD up and snapped them together.....the SVD had the black polymer furniture back then
_20201007_224355.JPG