Nagant PU scope

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

Nagant PU scope

#1 Post by leeroy7031 »

Looking for the above, anything considered so long as this is moving post.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Nagant PU scope

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

I take it you mean a Mosin PU scope.......not a Nagant scope

Ebay is a good place to get one, search worldwide and you'll find plenty of Russian and Ukrainian sellers selling genuine PU scopes quite reasonably.I have ordered "quite a bit" of stuff from Russian sellers on there and not had a problem.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
yellowhand

#3 Post by yellowhand »

This place has a bunch of them for sale, as well as all other Russian scopes.

https://kula-tactical.com/mosin-pu-scope

Can this type gear be shipped into the UK?

Not restricted????
snayperskaya

#4 Post by snayperskaya »

yellowhand wrote:This place has a bunch of them for sale, as well as all other Russian scopes.

Not restricted????
Yes, it can be shipped to the UK and is not restricted.....I have bought....er..... "quite a bit" from Russia, Belarus and Ukraine including 1pn34/1pn58 night vision scopes and not had any problem, a couple of them were in their original transit cases with all the accessories and the one 1pn58 was also complete with the original battery charging unit and batteries.....bloody thing weighed a ton and cost me a small fortune in shipping costs!, but on the plus side could be plugged into a BMP-1 or BTR-60 etc electrical system! :good:

The one you linked is a repro and I'm not convinced it is made by NPZ Novosibirsk, the Philips screws on the turrets is a big giveaway that it is most likely a cheap Chinese copy as the modern NPZ-produced PU scope uses dome headed slot screws much like those found on original PU scopes.Quite a few of the optics on that site look more like cheap Chinese knock offs, NPZ Novosibirsk produced optics are excellent quality, they produced the original SVD issue PSO-1 scope, the 1p21 "Minuta" pancratic scope and the later 1p59 "Giperon" amongst others that have optical quality that matches any comparable Western optics.

http://www.npzoptics.com/catalog/day_si ... _3_5h22_1/

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

yellowhand

#5 Post by yellowhand »

snayperskaya wrote:
yellowhand wrote:This place has a bunch of them for sale, as well as all other Russian scopes.

Not restricted????
Yes, it can be shipped to the UK and is not restricted.....I have bought....er..... "quite a bit" from Russia, Belarus and Ukraine including 1pn34/1pn58 night vision scopes and not had any problem, a couple of them were in their original transit cases with all the accessories and the one 1pn58 was also complete with the original battery charging unit and batteries.....bloody thing weighed a ton and cost me a small fortune in shipping costs!, but on the plus side could be plugged into a BMP-1 or BTR-60 etc electrical system! :good:

The one you linked is a repro and I'm not convinced it is made by NPZ Novosibirsk, the Philips screws on the turrets is a big giveaway that it is most likely a cheap Chinese copy as the modern NPZ-produced PU scope uses dome headed slot screws much like those found on original PU scopes.Quite a few of the optics on that site look more like cheap Chinese knock offs, NPZ Novosibirsk produced optics are excellent quality, they produced the original SVD issue PSO-1 scope, the 1p21 "Minuta" pancratic scope and the later 1p59 "Giperon" amongst others that have optical quality that matches any comparable Western optics.

Yea, don't know about original or Chinese knock offs, seems everything now a days is a Chinese copy of something.

I'll ask on the other US base forum I hang out on, if anyone knows where original Russian scopes are for sale.

I have two all original, all matching 91 snipers, original glass, etc.
Once upon a time, I was into collecting original snipers from around the world, then importing changes for us killed that off.
As well as the high/insane cost.:)LOL
And then, I always seem to be shooting an old O3A4 only, that hits poa, so, everything else got relegated to the gun safes.

I have a couple of AK's folders, that had a scope mount on the side, stuck a couple of original 6 power Russian lighted reticles on them, why, no idea.:)LOL

Got a PSL with Russian glass on it, works, those sun shades that retract and expand, kinda strange.
The range finders are kind of neat.

After the wall came down, the USSR fell apart, and they needed hard cash, stuff was cheap, ammo, real cheap, now, most of this stuff is banned from importation to the USA, after that Crimea dust up.
snayperskaya

#6 Post by snayperskaya »

As I said, plenty of original PU's on Ebay.....

I have a 1944 Izhevsk PU sniper that is all arsenal matching that has an arsenal-matched 1940 Plant No.357 Progress SVT-40 scope that was produced when the Plant was still located in Leningrad before it moved to Omsk.

It is quite a rare scope as it still retains its original SVT calibrated elevation and windage drums, despite having been arsenal refurbed in '59.The rifle has original shims and barrel wrap fitted, the stock is the original wartime production stock with half liners in the sling slots front and rear which denotes it is an early '44 rifle and both the stock and the handguard have the rifles serial number written on the inside.
Someone at the arsenal went to a lot of effort to ensure this rifles stock etc stayed with the action and that it was zeroed correctly, with the coarse elevation screws on the mount having been staked in position.

The old girl is about as good as PU snipers get as they have pretty much all been through the Soviet refurb programme at least once.100% Factory original PU snipers are a rare thing indeed.

leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#7 Post by leeroy7031 »

Not restricted????
Thanks for this, I was really looking for something that wasn't a replica but the original deal.
yellowhand wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:

Not restricted????

Yea, don't know about original or Chinese knock offs, seems everything now a days is a Chinese copy of something.

I'll ask on the other US base forum I hang out on, if anyone knows where original Russian scopes are for sale.

I have two all original, all matching 91 snipers, original glass, etc.
Once upon a time, I was into collecting original snipers from around the world, then importing changes for us killed that off.
As well as the high/insane cost.:)LOL
And then, I always seem to be shooting an old O3A4 only, that hits poa, so, everything else got relegated to the gun safes.

I have a couple of AK's folders, that had a scope mount on the side, stuck a couple of original 6 power Russian lighted reticles on them, why, no idea.:)LOL

Got a PSL with Russian glass on it, works, those sun shades that retract and expand, kinda strange.
The range finders are kind of neat.

After the wall came down, the USSR fell apart, and they needed hard cash, stuff was cheap, ammo, real cheap, now, most of this stuff is banned from importation to the USA, after that Crimea dust up.
Appreciate that, thanks.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
leeroy7031

#8 Post by leeroy7031 »

All sorted ... I think.