Machinist

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Dave 101

Machinist

#1 Post by Dave 101 »

Is there any one on the forum who has a milling that could make a dovetail steel rail 310 mm x 13 mm x 6 mm angle of dovetail appx 40 degrees , or knows someone who can .

Thanks Dave
ovenpaa

Re: Machinist

#2 Post by ovenpaa »

Hmm... that is quite long. Can you send me a sketch please Dave?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#3 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Dave

this is what Iam attempting to do , scroll to bottom of page , http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Parker-Hale_Targetscope.htm to copy the idea of a PH EASY FIX Sight Bracket for service rifle , I have a short length of Ruger 10/22 scope rail which the scope mounts will fit , I can send this to you as a pattern . Any thing else you need to know ?

Dave
ovenpaa

#4 Post by ovenpaa »

A better picture would be good! I will see if I can find anything on it tonight. Are you looking for a faithful reproduction or just something of a similar design?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#5 Post by Dave 101 »

Iam just using the idea to scope my Long Lee , As I have never seen one and never ever seen a better picture of one its just down to interpretation .

Dave
AL8

#6 Post by AL8 »

I would like to see the outcome of this
ovenpaa

#7 Post by ovenpaa »

All I could find was this image, slightly better.
parker hale.PNG
So in principle it is a flat rail with a dovetail cut in the top and two fixing screws? It looks like an interesting project and I have been meaning to do something similar to a P14 for ages. Dave, do you know where the two screws pick up? Front sight is one, I am not sure about the other and I do not have a Long Lee to hand.
/d

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#8 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Dave

From what I can make out is , the ladder sight is removed , so there must be a block under the rail which the pin for the ladder sight is fitted back through , this is the fulcrum point , then theres a pin which sticks into the knox form and a screw at the other end is adjusted to apply the presure on the pin .

Dave
ovenpaa

#9 Post by ovenpaa »

Like this then, but this one has a dovetail cut into the base and I think the first PH one has a dovetail in the top half. This one is very elegant and looks like a nice thing to build.
PH Mount 2.png
EDIT - looking at the first picture they are nigh on identical.

I need some more accurate dimensions and the location/diamater of the holes please. :good:
/d

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#10 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Dave

If you can make the rail i can take care of the rest ,

Dave