Dumb question

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

jcdj

Dumb question

#1 Post by jcdj »

I understand the whole buying face to face part of a rifle does the same count for buying ammo, my local shop only does hollow point I think might be wrong she said it was hunting ammo for £7.50p per 50 never asked the make as I'm not hunting, but I've seen a few online stores doing 50 for £3 bulk rubbish but still other quality at better prices.

What's the ordering process can it be by mail?

O .22 btw
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Dumb question

#2 Post by Christel »

Powder and primers have to be bought face to face. Live ammo as well.
jcdj

#3 Post by jcdj »

Excellent thanks christel I had a funny feeling it was that way but thought I would ask.
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

You can buy projectiles online.
ovenpaa

#5 Post by ovenpaa »

You can also buy factory ammunition on line however the conclusion needs to be face to face or to RFD which adds a bit unless you are buying in volume.

What are you after?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
spud

#6 Post by spud »

powder can be purchased over the phone but there are restriction to who you can use as corriers.
M99

#7 Post by M99 »

If you mean .22lr (Rimfire ammo) then £7.50 per 50 is extortionate! even for expanding ammo - I only pay £6.50/100 for my hunting/expanding .22lr ammo. (subsonic) HV stuff is a little more, but not a lot

Mike
Primer

#8 Post by Primer »

MiLisCer wrote:If you mean .22lr (Rimfire ammo) then £7.50 per 50 is extortionate! even for expanding ammo - I only pay £6.50/100 for my hunting/expanding .22lr ammo. (subsonic) HV stuff is a little more, but not a lot

Mike
I pay
£85 1000 rws target
£75 1000 cci mini mag
£24 375 cci AR variant mini mag
Although we do have some of the rws high quality match rounds at £10 + a box of 50.

The above is our club prices so you can find it cheaper out and about but while I wait for my license I can only get it from our club.