Bishop Auckland Gun Club

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

billgatese30
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland & District Gun Club...and anywhere that will have me.

Re: Bishop Auckland Gun Club

#11 Post by billgatese30 »

dodgyrog wrote:BTW - you cannot use reloaded ammo at Bishop Auckland, as I understand it!
You can reload as far as I'm aware, you just can't download a cartridge to hit the velocity/energy rules for the range. Also, lead only, no copper/jacketed bullets allowed.

We do shoot fullbore a few times a year throughout the summer too.
Chris
Dahonis

#12 Post by Dahonis »

dodgyrog wrote:
Dahonis wrote:
dodgyrog wrote:BTW - you cannot use reloaded ammo at Bishop Auckland, as I understand it!
Arh, thank you for that dodgyrog. That would be off my list then tbh.

Going to have a look around St.Giles Yarners, just up the road really.
See you there, I run it on Monday nights. Sunday might see me plugging away with my Marlin.
Ilook forward to meeting you.
ps Don't buy anything from Dromia the tight jock!!! lol

So he wants me there just for a sales pitch, now I understand...lol
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

Dahonis wrote:
So he wants me there just for a sales pitch, now I understand...lol
Possibly but don't believe a word Roger says, he's not called Dodyrog for nothing! And he's a farkin' cockney! :o :lol:
DVC
phaedra1106

#14 Post by phaedra1106 »

My son and I have just joined the St Giles club, very friendly bunch indeed :good:

As for Adam & Roger . . . . both as nice a chap as you could wish to meet (apart from being a Scot and a Southerner of course!).

Seriously though, they are great chaps and you'll have a great time :grin:

I'm also in the Mayfair club which is good too, only problem for me is it's now a 34mile round trip and I don't do driving more than 15mins in the car very well any more!.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Dahonis

#15 Post by Dahonis »

On looking about and asking a few questions most clubs seem to be good.

I was just after something close to me and Mayfair is just that little bit too far.

St.Giles Yarners fits the bill, going to have a look there and its just up the road really.

Also going for a visit to Louisa as they shoot full-bore every other Sunday at Catterick ranges, kind of weird as that's where I used to shoot as a kid, somewhat of a full circle. I e-mailed Griff and he sent me loads of information.

Regards

Chris
billgatese30
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland & District Gun Club...and anywhere that will have me.

#16 Post by billgatese30 »

I'll fire an email over to our secretary if you want me to and I can ask when we are next looking to take on memberships.

We have the advantage of a 50 yard/metre firing point and range access 7 days a week too (10am - 10pm). :good:
Chris
Dahonis

#17 Post by Dahonis »

billgatese30 wrote:I'll fire an email over to our secretary if you want me to and I can ask when we are next looking to take on memberships.

We have the advantage of a 50 yard/metre firing point and range access 7 days a week too (10am - 10pm). :good:
If you could that would be great please, I had a trip last year and Stuart (club sec) at the time showed me around, I forgot about the 50m point.

Thank-you

Regards

Chris
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

Also going for a visit to Louisa as they shoot full-bore every other Sunday at Catterick ranges, kind of weird as that's where I used to shoot as a kid, somewhat of a full circle. I e-mailed Griff and he sent me loads of information.
Were about is Louisa.
Is there any body on the Forum a member of the Mayfair I have emailed them before but never had a reply I am looking for a indoor range to shoot on.
I think Bishop Auckland and the Yarners is to far to drive but the Mayfair might be worth a punt but like I said I have tried before to contact them with out success.
Dahonis

#19 Post by Dahonis »

Alpha1 wrote:
Were about is Louisa.
Is there any body on the Forum a member of the Mayfair I have emailed them before but never had a reply I am looking for a indoor range to shoot on.
I think Bishop Auckland and the Yarners is to far to drive but the Mayfair might be worth a punt but like I said I have tried before to contact them with out success.
Louisa Center is behind Asda up at Stanley.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#20 Post by dromia »

Durham is nearer to Middlesbrough than Sunderland.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/