Trijicon Acog/Eotech Red dot

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
froggy

Re: Trijicon Acog/Eotech Red dot

#11 Post by froggy »

you're SUSAT is 4x. Equally your SUSAT is tritium illuminated for low light
So is my TA31 ACOG ... Eotech is great but I experienced that strong sunshine can be a prob.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#12 Post by Airbrush »

froggy wrote:you're SUSAT is 4x. Equally your SUSAT is tritium illuminated for low light
So is my TA31 ACOG ... Eotech is great but I experienced that strong sunshine can be a prob.
Shouldn't be, maybe the nitrogen purge has failed, happened to mine.
nickb834

#13 Post by nickb834 »

froggy wrote:you're SUSAT is 4x. Equally your SUSAT is tritium illuminated for low light
So is my TA31 ACOG ... .
Aye - and so's my TA31 but I'm reminding the OP why he has a SUSAT issued to him, and that he's not replacing with a similar scope at all
Last edited by nickb834 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nickb834

#14 Post by nickb834 »

Airbrush wrote:
Is that the SUSAT shouldn't be tritium illuminated?

OR that the nitorgen purge may have failed on the Trijicon?

I took it that Froggy was saying it was the EOTech that he had a problem with in strong sunshine...

Been a loooong day today and I'm easily confused at best of times?
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#15 Post by Airbrush »

nickb834 wrote:
Airbrush wrote:
Is that the SUSAT shouldn't be tritium illuminated?

OR that the nitorgen purge may have failed on the Trijicon?

I took it that Froggy was saying it was the EOTech that he had a problem with in strong sunshine...

Been a loooong day today and I'm easily confused at best of times?
Eotech. ;)
inderrajsingh

#16 Post by inderrajsingh »

Yeah I'm currently serving, it's not an issue I don't think to put an acog sight on to the sa80's, I wouldn't put an eotech on there, however, I thought the trigicon's were all tritium illuminated?

I've shot with an acog before and I like it better than the susat, as the bar on the susat has a knack of hiding half your target and obscuring any Bullet drop/splash.

If I manage to get an EOTECH it will go on a .22.
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#17 Post by Daryll »

nickb834 wrote:
inderrajsingh wrote: Thanks for the heads up mate. I will primarily be using it to replace the SUSAT on the sa80's were issued, as i dont really like them, however will be using it on my own Rifles too
Are you UK military? Regular / Reserve? "When I was in" (c)(tm) you'd get an absolute hiding making changes like that to a weapon (pedants note: this is service rifles were talking about).

I wouldn't swap - you're in for a world of pain if you do. Stick with what you're issued when it concerns firearms. Be mindful of the fact that there's 0x magnification and you're SUSAT is 4x. Equally your SUSAT is tritium illuminated for low light - your EOTech is not.
+1 for this... I'm sure your Senior NCO / Officer / Armourer will have something to say about it...
breacher

#18 Post by breacher »

froggy wrote:Did I get that right ? You put an ACOG on a 22Lr ?

Rob1

#19 Post by Rob1 »

I too have an ACOG on my .22, not sure why that would be a shock, though I do sometimes like to swap it over to an EOTECH EXPS 3.0
Attachments
box 1.jpg
Firing Point 1.jpg
safetyfirst

#20 Post by safetyfirst »

Is that a muzzle shroud?