Trijicon Acog/Eotech Red dot

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Rob1

Re: Trijicon Acog/Eotech Red dot

#21 Post by Rob1 »

yes, its the Kineti tech 15-22 shroud
safetyfirst

#22 Post by safetyfirst »

Looks ace :)
Rob1

#23 Post by Rob1 »

safetyfirst wrote:Looks ace :)
Thanks very much.

Puts about 6 ounces on the end though which does change the balance point somewhat.
safetyfirst

#24 Post by safetyfirst »

I popped one on mine when I was tinkering with the idea of an integrally supressed compact .22 carbine like Lantac offered for a while. But then I used the spare slot I was going to use for the new base gun an Derbyshire say 2-3 months so it's on hold!
Attachments
IMG_4015.jpg
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#25 Post by Blackstuff »

:p :good:

I've been running an Eotech 516 for a couple of years now on my BR99 12bore and its started to develop a fault where it'll shut itself down*.

*I've not established whether its the batteries or the sight itself yet as from reading online its possible that the recoil has broken the connections in the batteries themselves. I've now changed the batteries so i'll be waiting to see.

The 516 mounts the batteries parallel with the bore and if its not the batteries i presume the recoil has weakened the springs holding them to the point under recoil they temporaily lose contact and shut down the sight.

If someone is going to get an Eotech and put a serious number of rounds down range/use a heavy recoil gun, i'd recommend one that mounts the batteries perpendicular to the bore (side ways) as this lessens the effect of the recoil on the batteries and prevents it on the connections.
DVC
Gundoc

#26 Post by Gundoc »

inderrajsingh wrote:Yeah I'm currently serving, it's not an issue I don't think to put an acog sight on to the sa80's, I wouldn't put an eotech on there, however, I thought the trigicon's were all tritium illuminated?

I've shot with an acog before and I like it better than the susat, as the bar on the susat has a knack of hiding half your target and obscuring any Bullet drop/splash.

If I manage to get an EOTECH it will go on a .22.
Let me just point out that the minute you try this (I'm guessing you are in a non-teeth arms unit, or you would have an LDS fitted) you'll be bounced so high you'll need clearance from air traffic control.
Rifles are issued from the armoury according to unit scales, any messing with this will cause you lots and lots of aggro from, in the following order.
Your Sect commander will ask WTF you think you are doing fitting an non issued sight unit
Your Pl/Tp Sgt (if your sect comdr hasn't managed to brief you quick enough) will probably fly into an apoplectic rage, causing your
Pl Comdr to notice that something isn't quite right.

aside from the issue of 'it not issued to your unit' you are dealing with the issue of 'illegally modifying your issued firearm' just because the army issues ACOG to certain units for use on certain weapons, does not mean that you can just buy one and put it on.

oh, and some grumpy old Armourer Sgt might spot you. then you're F*cked.
just for giggles why don't you let me know what unit you are with and I'll give my opposite number a heads up.........

On the subject of ACOGs from Beechwood, they are second user units, when I got a serial No. from them to see how old it was, it was around 9yrs old- so almost pretty much at its half life (meaning the Tritium would be very dim, if visible at all)
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#27 Post by Blackstuff »

If the ACOG has been bought/acquired legitimately you can send it back to Trijicon for a free tritium replacement.
DVC
Gundoc

#28 Post by Gundoc »

I wasn't aware of that, might have to give them a ring again
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#29 Post by Blackstuff »

Mentioned in this overview video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXKp3NKeQZk
DVC
huntervixen

#30 Post by huntervixen »

Gundoc wrote:
inderrajsingh wrote:Yeah I'm currently serving, it's not an issue I don't think to put an acog sight on to the sa80's, I wouldn't put an eotech on there, however, I thought the trigicon's were all tritium illuminated?

I've shot with an acog before and I like it better than the susat, as the bar on the susat has a knack of hiding half your target and obscuring any Bullet drop/splash.

If I manage to get an EOTECH it will go on a .22.
Let me just point out that the minute you try this (I'm guessing you are in a non-teeth arms unit, or you would have an LDS fitted) you'll be bounced so high you'll need clearance from air traffic control.
Rifles are issued from the armoury according to unit scales, any messing with this will cause you lots and lots of aggro from, in the following order.
Your Sect commander will ask WTF you think you are doing fitting an non issued sight unit
Your Pl/Tp Sgt (if your sect comdr hasn't managed to brief you quick enough) will probably fly into an apoplectic rage, causing your
Pl Comdr to notice that something isn't quite right.

aside from the issue of 'it not issued to your unit' you are dealing with the issue of 'illegally modifying your issued firearm' just because the army issues ACOG to certain units for use on certain weapons, does not mean that you can just buy one and put it on.

oh, and some grumpy old Armourer Sgt might spot you. then you're F*cked.
just for giggles why don't you let me know what unit you are with and I'll give my opposite number a heads up.........

On the subject of ACOGs from Beechwood, they are second user units, when I got a serial No. from them to see how old it was, it was around 9yrs old- so almost pretty much at its half life (meaning the Tritium would be very dim, if visible at all)
Agreed, bound to end up with an interview without coffee and biscuits, from a purely practical perspective, you would need the adaptor rail for the A2.

Also anyone buying an ACOG, make sure you buy them from a reputable retail source (stay away from certain auction sites), by that I mean you must ensure it hasn't walked out of an Army base somewhere, the MOD Police are very active these days chasing down stolen MOD property, very good chance you will be prosecuted for receiving, with the subsequent very real danger of loosing your FAC as part of the bargain!

Not worth it.