AK

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: AK

#11 Post by snayperskaya »

Gazza wrote:How much is a polish or romanian AK these days?
http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/firearms_akm.htm

Currently no one brings in Polish AK's at the moment.....with the possible exception of a .22lr Beryl.Choices are a Saiga if you can find one (7.62x39 or .223/5.56, either fixed stock or more commonly a sidefolder), two Bulgarian variants (7.62x39 underfolding carbine or a 5.56 full length fixed stock) and two Romanian variants (fixed stock AKM or underfolding AKMS, both 7.62x39).

If one was brought in I would give my right arm for a 7.62x39 RPK version with Soviet laminated furniture.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
James84

#12 Post by James84 »

Interesting info!

I would prefer a side folder but would be open to an underfolder however the idea of having to buy a rifle then buy a stock then fit it myself just doesn't float.
snayperskaya

#13 Post by snayperskaya »

James048 wrote:Interesting info!

I would prefer a side folder but would be open to an underfolder however the idea of having to buy a rifle then buy a stock then fit it myself just doesn't float.
The Romanian underfolding stock is, despite being angled downward slightly, perfectly useable but the cheekweld isn't the most comfortable (that said the Russian/Polish one isn't much better) so you wouldn't really have to change it.I only changed the one on the AKMS I had as I wanted to complete the Soviet look.From the comfort point of view a Saiga with a polymer sidefolder is a better bet.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

James84

#14 Post by James84 »

Ha, yeah I can imagine. I'll keep my eye out!
Gazza

#15 Post by Gazza »

So is there a big market for AK's in the UK?
Any problems getting them into the country?
snayperskaya

#16 Post by snayperskaya »

Gazza wrote:So is there a big market for AK's in the UK?
Any problems getting them into the country?
Romanian and Bulgarian are still coming in but new Saiga's are in very short supply due to JSC Kalashnikov Concern being on the sanctions list.

Bit of a niche market I think but there seems to be a bit of a following.On the ranges I shoot I wouldn't say they are as common as AR type rifles but there is a fair few about.Kalashnikov have started producing a civilian version of the 9mm Vityaz smg AK variant, if it wasn't for the sanctions we'd probably see a straight-pull version of it.