FAC/SGC application fee

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

FencepostError

FAC/SGC application fee

#1 Post by FencepostError »

I'm ready to send off the application for the grant of a new coterminous FAC/SGC, and I'm not sure if I should be enclosing a cheque at this point or not (and for how much - though I can probably find that bit out pretty easily). Devon and Cornwall Police's website talks about the fee for renewal but not grant, so far as I can see. Or I'm just being stupid, which is entirely possible.

Can anyone say if I should be paying at this point, or some later point in the process?
zanes

Re: FAC/SGC application fee

#2 Post by zanes »

Yes, you include the cheque with your application (they'll cash it before you hear anything, possibly a long time before).

From the Glos constabulary website:
Cheques, to support the application, should be made out to The PCC for Gloucestershire (Police and Crime Commissioner for Gloucestershire) to the value of £ 50. Do not include cash.

Should you wish to also hold a shotgun certificate, or renew a current shotgun certificate, it will be necessary to submit the form, fully completed. The fee is increased by £10 to a total of £60.
Your fee will be the same (£60) but you will need to ask who you should make the cheque out to.
FencepostError

Re: FAC/SGC application fee

#3 Post by FencepostError »

zanes wrote:Your fee will be the same (£60) but you will need to ask who you should make the cheque out to.
Thanks! They have payee info for renewals so should be the same, I'd think.

Cheers.