F-class rifle ch

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

zanes

Re: F-class rifle ch

#11 Post by zanes »

It would be unfortunate if you threw a huge amount of money at a full custom rifle and then realised you didn't like F-class all that much (assuming I'm reading your posts properly)
PJH99

#12 Post by PJH99 »

Hi,

You are reading my posts properly, I have never shot F-class. I will however, be joining a club soon and would like to get a few months learning behind me before I actually press the button on a new rifle. As you say I may not even like it. I would like to gather as many opinions on decent set-ups as I can, then have a good long think before I hand over a small fortune!

All the best,

Peter
AlieN

#13 Post by AlieN »

Hello Peter,

Apologies in advance if I've misread this, but I get the impression from your posts that you do not yet hold an FAC. The usual sequence of events is to join a club as a probationary member, become a full member after (often) 6 months and only then be able to apply for an FAC, which is likely to take at least a couple more months (depends a lot on your police area).

So, if I've got that right, you've probably got 8 months before you would even be in a position to make a purchase. Plenty of time to try out a few things.

AlieN
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#14 Post by shugie »

If I might chuck an alternative into the pot, I bought a second hand Swing, which is a target rifle that came with aperture sights. These have now been removed, and a 20MOA rail fitted by the Shooting Shed, this now wears a Sightron 8-32 and Shooting Shed bipod/adjustable butt plate. Outlay still under £2K, and it's way, way better than I am, and possibly ever will be.
Careful now/that sort of thing